Micro-particles and bubbles in the micro-channel can end your experiment prematurely. We therefore recommend to work only with degassed, filtered liquids in the FluidFM cantilever.
A possible way to degas liquids is:
- Suck the liquid of interest into a 1 ml syringe (no needle!)
- Press out the remaining air from the syringe
- Span a piece of para-film on the syringe opening
- Apply suction with the syringe, this will degas the liquid. Repeat this step at least 10 times over the timespan of a minute.
- Filter the liquid, by pressing it through a 0.2 μm syringe-filter or smaller into the desired container
- Now the liquid is ready for your FluidFM experiments.