For some applications a non-standard aperture is required on our FluidFM cantilever. For this we offer FluidFM rapid prototyping probes where you can shape the probe aperture with focused ion beam (FIB) as you desire.
Generally we recommend the following procedure:
- Deposit a carbon coating on the probe to avoid charging effects.
- Mill the aperture into the FluidFM rapid prototyping probe using FIB.
- Inspect the probe using a scanning electron microscope.
- Remove the carbon coating with a 2 minute O2-plasma treatment
- Your custom FluidFM probe is now ready to use.
We can perform rapid prototyping for you
On request we also offer to perform these rapid prototyping operations for you. The price will depend of the complexity of your design and the number of probes. Contact us on email@example.com.